Welcome back to mWriting Prompt Wednesday series!

Happy Wednesday writers.

How’s all that writing going? Any progress with your stories or poems? What new ideas have you been tossing around? I’ve been doing a lot of brain writing these days rather than pen & paper writing. For some reason, every time I sit down to write, I find it hard to translate the story ideas in my head to the paper. So, I’ve given up on it.

But just briefly. See, I’ve learned over my years of writing that when I feel a little bit stuck, I just need to get out of my story for a bit and try something new. Which is why I LOVE writing prompts. For me, writing prompts are a little bit of freedom in my writing because they don’t expect anything from me. Not a chapter ending. Not a word count goal.

They’re just a chance for me to write whatever comes. Sometimes, they don’t even make sense, but that’s okay too because it’s the act of writing that makes prompt work important. 

So on that note, I’ve got a new writing prompt for you today based on this crazy summer heatwave we’ve been experiencing in the Midwest. Click on the PDF below to print it OR just start writing away in your notebook or computer. I’d love it if you came back and shared your story with me in the comments, and if you’re lucky, I’ll start sharing mine too!

Happy Writing!

-Ms. Lore

[embeddoc url=”https://mslore.edublogs.org/files/2019/07/summer-nights.pdf” download=”all” viewer=”google” ]
Click to download & print the PDF!

Writing Prompt Wednesday #4: Continue this Story
Tagged on: