I’m really trying NOT to think about the fact that summer is halfway over.
Okay, if you want to get technical, it’s a bit more than halfway, but again, I’m not thinking about that.

Instead, I’m trying to think about all the books on my TBR pile that I still want to read! So far I’ve conquered 7, which is about half of where I wanted to be in my reading life by this .point in July But as always, my summer days fill up, go by way too fast, and there are just so. many. good books I keep stumbling across so my list gets longer and longer.

Since the carefree days of summer are dwindling, I wanted to take a moment to check in with what you’re reading, and how your summer of books is going. I’d love to hear about all that you’ve been reading, your thoughts, your recommendations, and what you’re most excited to read in these last lazy days of summer. Find my questions (and my own answers) below. I’d love for you to share your answers & let me know all about your reading life in the comments.

Midsummer Reading 2019 Check-in

1. How many books have you read so far this summer? I’m at 7 and counting!
  2. What’s been your favorite book so far and why? By far my favorite read has been Internment by Samira Ahmed. Even though it’s a dystopian set in the near future, the themes are so timely right now, and it’s a book I’m challenging everyone I know to read.
  3. Have you abandoned any books? Why? I quit reading Again, But Better by Christine Riccio simply because I had a hard time connecting with the protagonist. She seemed a little underdeveloped in my writer eye and I could not handle her voice, but that doesn’t mean you won’t like her! It’s a contemporary YA all about trying over again.
  4. What’s on your list that you haven’t read yet? I still haven’t made it to Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas or The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen! Both are must reads for me, but I’m nervous about finishing the series with KOA and I know it’ll be a little while until the next Sarah Dessen comes out, so I’m hesitant to start both!
  5. And finally, what are you currently reading? Field Notes on Love by Jennifer E. Smith. Strangers on a cross-country train trip who are totally meant to fall in love. Super. Cute. The exact book I need at this point in the summer!

If you click on the book titles in my questions, the link will take you to the Goodreads page with the summary. But, go ahead and judge them by the covers, too. I won’t tell anyone.

Here’s to wishing you happy reading and lots of good books these next few weeks!
And don’t forget, you can connect with me over on Instagram and share what you’ve been reading with #lostinstorysummerreads

– Ms. Lore

If you liked today’s post, make sure to subscribe to my newsletter where I share reading recommendations & thoughts like these a few times a month. I’ll also send you my 2019 Summer Reading Guide download as a thanks for subscribing!

It’s Midsummer: What are You reading?
Tagged on: